As well as adhering to all relevant Data Protection laws, Knutsford Golf Club also ensures full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which came into effect in May 2018 to ensure your personal information is stored in a responsible way and our processes for collecting, using and storing data is completely transparent.
What information do you collect?
Knutsford Golf Club collects both personal and non-personal data from people who use our site:
- Personal data relates to any information about a specific individual which can be personally identifiable (such as by name). It does not include data where the identity has been removed (see ‘Non-Personal Data below)
- Non-personal data relates to information about a person, but in which their name or personal information is not known
What ‘Personal Data’ do you collect?
There are areas of the Knutsford Golf Club website where you may be asked to give your personal information, which includes (but is not limited to):
- Contact information (e.g. email address and phone number)
- Demographic information (e.g. postcode and location)
We use this information for the following reasons:
- To improve our product and service offering
- For market research purposes
- To provide more information about our products/services
In addition to the purposes stated above, we also add users who have actively opted into further communications from Knutsford Golf Club to our internal database (see Active Opt-In section below for more details).
What ‘Non-Personal Data’ do you collect?
By using our website, we may automatically collect non-personal information about you and your website usage, such as:
- How you interact with the Knutsford Golf Club website, including session duration, the number of pages visited etc.
- Whether you have been on the website before
- Which device you are using to access our site (including hardware and software information like what model you are using and the browser operating system you accessed our website from)
- Tracking information – whether you came to knutsfordgolf.com directly or via another site
- Location information – which country/region you’re in when you access our website
We use the following channels to collect non-personal data:
- Google Analytics – In keeping with our dedication to providing only relevant and engaging content on our website, Knutsford Golf Club uses a third-party service called Google Analytics to collect information such as website visitor behaviour patterns and user journeys when on the knutsfordgolf.com site.
This uses your unique numerical identifier rather than your personal information (meaning you can’t and won’t be identified by or any personal information), but allows us to monitor things like tracking and conversion data.
If you don’t want Google to collect data for use on their Google Analytics software, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add-on here.
How will we use your information?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so, which include one or more of the following:
- Contract – the processing of your personal information in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement.
- Consent – the agreement for Knutsford Golf Club to use your information in a specific way e.g. for storing your payment card details if express permission is given.
- Legitimate Interest – the ability for us to provide you with the best products and service by using your personal information to offer you products/services that you may have a legitimate interest in.
- Legal Obligation – if there is a statutory or legal obligation to share your personal information with the relevant authorities e.g. if we are legally obligated to share your information for law enforcement purposes for identify fraud etc.
We may use your information for a number of purposes, which include:
- Managing and administering your account and/or contract;
- Delivering any services, products or information requested by you;
- Responding to complaints or enquiries.
This is all covered under the ‘Legitimate Interest’ section of the current Data Protection regulations.
Active opt-in policy
To ensure we are fully compliant with GDPR regulations, we have now made sure that every form on the Knutsford Golf Club website contains an active opt-in. This means that – whenever you choose to fill in your personal information on the Knutsford Golf Club website – you will be asked to actively tick a box that gives us express permission to contact you outside the confines of your original query (e.g. to receive further marketing communications from Knutsford Golf Club).
However, if you submit your personal information on knutsfordgolf.com without ticking the active opt-in, your information will be used for its intended purpose only – to discuss your initial query – and your information will be permanently deleted once the enquiry has been dealt with, unless at that point you give us your express permission to keep your data on our records.
Please note: under the Data Protection Act, you have the right to withdraw your permission at any time (even if you have actively opted in), at which point we will be legally obligated to delete any information we hold on you.
You can update your details, change marketing preferences and/or withdraw such consent at any time by contacting:
Knutsford Golf Club
Any information you provide to us is kept secure. We have comprehensive measures in place to reasonably protect your personal data from accidental loss or used/altered/disclosed by any unauthorised personnel.
However, please note that Knutsford Golf Club cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites, even if you access them using links from our website. Once you have clicked through and left our website, Knutsford Golf Club no longer have any control over your protection and privacy of any information you may provide on the external website, and as such these sites are not governed by this Privacy Notice.
For this reason, we would always recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit for further details.
According to Data Protection regulations, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information – commonly referred to as a ‘subject access request’, this enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully. Please note that any request may be subject to a small administration charge.
- Request correction of the personal information – we endeavour to keep our data as relevant and up-to-date as possible. However, sometimes this is not possible, so by making the correction request, you are able to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information – you are in control of who has access to your personal data. That’s why (even if you have given Knutsford Golf Club your express permission to process your data), you can ask us to delete or remove personal information at any time, where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to the processing of your personal information – as outlined by the section above, we use your data based on legitimate interest. However, you have a right to object to the processing of your personal information in this way if you think the information we are providing is not fulfilling the contractual obligation of legitimate interest (i.e. you don’t think it is relevant to you, or you no longer want to receive information from us that’s deemed by us to be ‘of legitimate interest’).
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information – This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information or object to the processing of your personal data, please write to us at the following:
Knutsford Golf Club